Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Our New Arrival

INTRODUCING: Scott Ivan Ong
Born: March 8,2010 9:32pm



After 16 hours of labor -My doctor (Dr Klomp) said we needed to have an emergency C section -Our baby was facing the wrong way and wasn't making any progress. I was scared to death... my only comfort was that I knew I was in good hands (I have an incredible doctor -one I would recommend to every woman), and that hundreds of women have C sections all the time... and most importantly- Zack was with me to hold my hand.

Look at the size of our baby! :) 8lbs 14oz and 21 1/2 inches long :)



Baby Scott Ivan with his proud daddy


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations Holly, he is Adorable! so sorry you had to go threw so much to get him here...nothing scares me more about labor than having to have a c-section. you are so strong! you have a beautiful little family! hope you heal fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Holly, looking at the picture on you on the operation table is scary. But I am so happy for you. Your little guy looks beautiful... and so big! Maybe it is a good thing they did a C-section? :) Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! He is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like my delivery with my first although he wasn't facing the wrong way, I just couldn't get him out. It is such a weird feeling to be lying on that table and be numb from the neck down. It makes you feel so helpless. I was afraid to hold Davy after he was born because my arms felt like noodles. I'm glad that everything is OK, it's always worth it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!!! WELL DONE HOLLY!!! Congratulations he is so beautiful. You did so well. I hope your recovery isn't too bad. Walking is good it really helps speed up the recovery and lots and lots of rest and lots of walking. lol I just know how much walking helped me, just small steps as often as you can. We're so happy for you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! My brother's name is Scott. Love it! Sounds similar to Adam's delivery. I'm glad it all turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay!! Congratulations!! He's adorable. I'm glad everything turned out well, and you're both healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg omg omg! he's BEAUTIFUL. glad to see you guys doing well. Im so happy for you!!! Cant wait to meet him xoxoxo :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't mean to be a downer, but pictures of babies just been born makes me nervous to ever go to a hospital, or ever get pregneant.

    ReplyDelete